Friday, October 9, 2015

I is for ice-cream and P is for Popcorn!

I was for Ice-cream and P was for Popcorn this week at Little Owl Academy. 
On Monday, after learning a silly and fun I is for cream song, (I wish I were brave enough to post a video of me singing the song, because I thought it was rather cute) we decorated our own ice cream and put it on our capital letter I. I was so busy on Monday that I only got one before picture, so this cute little man hadn't yet colored his ice cream. But, I thought they were pretty fun! 


Then, after having to cancel class on Wednesday because several students and I had given each other the stomach flu, and after a long 24 hours at the Falkner household, and after cleaning, scrubbing, and disinfecting every corner of the preschool and my home, we had a great and fun day on Thursday.

We talked about the letter P, then made some corn. But, we quickly realized our corn needed some "Pop!" So after singing our mailbox song, a lucky student got to open the mailbox and find some popcorn inside. We tiptoed past the babies room and into the kitchen and listen for every Popping Popcorn sound, and made the P sound while it popped. We quickly turned our corn into Popcorn for the letter P, and enjoyed snacking on some popcorn along the way. 



And, after practicing writing our letter P, we also made Purple Fruit Loop Bracelets for our color Purple this week, and for the letter P (Sorry, no pictures of the cute bracelets, I was too busy helping!) 


It was another fun week at Little Owl Academy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment