Thursday, December 3, 2015

The week after Thanksgiving


Sometimes coming back from a long break can be difficult for students. But not this week! My kiddos did fantastic and quickly got into some Christmas Spirit while at school. 

We kicked off the week with the letter K. We learned the sound, how to write it, and how to find it when looking at a group of letters. We then became kangaroos and hopped around the room hunting for hidden letter k's to put in our kangaroo pouch!


For Math on Monday we practiced our shapes by putting together our shape gingerbread man.

And I kicked off the Christmas season by beginning to read my favorite Christmas book. Every page is interactive and includes letters and pictures from Santa. Every year I have taught school I have read one page a day leading up to Christmas break. It gets everyone in the Christmas spirit! 

We learned about the letter Q this week and made this fun queen craft. Hobby Lobby had everything in their Christmas section 50% off this week and I found the perfect Christmas jewels to go on our crown! 
In Math this week we began using our understanding of the numbers 1-10 by applying it to the idea of "how many are there." We sorted objects, counted objects, and wrote numbers all week!
To end our week we made these fun elves, thanks to dltk.com (I love this website!) I love how this little one turned out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment