Thursday, January 7, 2016

Back into the swing of things

I was so happy to come back from Christmas break this week to my amazing students. The fun and learning this week didn't disappoint! 

We started off the week by practicing writing our names with marshmallows. It was a fun transition back from Christmas. 

Then we spent the day practicing the letter A, learning all about stars, and practicing the concept of more and less in math. 

We have now learned all the letters in the alphabet and now we are going back and relearning them in alphabetical order. The letter B was on Wednesday and we did everything Bear themed. 

We created these fun teddy B Bears. Then each child brought a fun teddy bear from home. We used those bears to talk about hibernation and what bears eat. We then took our teddy bears on a honey hunt and found beehives around the room. So fun! 
We have also been talking about stars this week. We made star jars. We filled he's with water, paint, glitter, and cotton balls. They turned out so fun. 


Today we celebrated the letter C by making cute letter C kitty cats. We created star sun catchers (I am so sad I didn't get a picture, we were too busy having fun!) And we ended the day by having a tea party prompted by one of our students during play time. 

Have I mentioned yet how much I love my job?? 

And as one last note, if you have a child who will be 4 next year and are interested in Little Owl Academy for their preschool, contact me for information! 

No comments:

Post a Comment