Saturday, August 12, 2017

Little Owl Academy Update

It's been a while since I've given an update on Little Owl Academy. Things have changed around here and I'm excited to see where we go from here. 

I was teaching preschool from my home in Idaho Falls, called Little Owl Academy, when we made an unexpected move to Utah. Since moving here, I no longer teach preschool from home. Instead I have been creating products like these for teachers pay teachers. 



It's been a great way for me to still feel involved in the teaching world and be creative. 

Now, I'm focusing more of my teaching time on my son. He has a rare metabolic disorder and because he was so sick early on in his little life he is delayed in gross motor and speech. I am beginning to create a toddler curriculum for young children, around age 2, to begin the learning process. I will use this blog to share ideas, pictures, and the fun projects we're doing! 

A little bit more about my family and I: 



Me: my name is Melissa and I started Little Owl Academy. I have a degree in elementary education. I taught 3rd, 2nd, preschool, and currently teach an online life skills course for BYU-Idaho/Pathway. I am working on my masters degree in Learning and Technology from WGU. I love learning and teaching and creating things to go with both!!

My 2 boys: B is my oldest son. He is 2 1/2. He may be delayed but he is a fighter. He's survived a scary life flight, lots of hospital stays, and hours of therapy. He loves anything that moves: cars, trucks, trains, airplanes...you name it. He gives the best snuggles and kisses and is my hero. C is almost 10 months old. He may not be a great sleeper but he's so great to have in our home. He makes us laugh every day and I'm sure he will be involved in a lot of our toddler fun!

My husband is my biggest fan and supports all of my crazy ideas. I am so lucky to have him.

So stay tuned for more fun from Little Owl Academy!


Follow along for more fun:
Instagram: @melissaslittleowlacademy
Facebook: Little Owl Academy
Teachers Pay Teachers: 

No comments:

Post a Comment