Thursday, December 13, 2018

Christmas at Home with your Preschooler

Christmas time with a preschooler at home is so magical! But, it can also be overwhelming to keep the excitement at bay and the learning and play still going strong. Here are a few ideas to help your preschooler at home this Christmas stay learning, keep the magic, and practice new skills! 
I have found the more simple I keep our art projects, the more fun my preschooler has! 
Project 1: Cut out some green strips of paper. Curl them for added fun. Glue them on to the tree for Christmas.
#2- Find some easy print and go craft activities that involving gluing and cutting. My preschooler was so proud that he was able to cut the snowflakes out himself before gluing them on! 
Find this gingerbread house craft HERE.

Practicing fine motor skills is a great way to keep your little one calm for a few minutes while you get some extra Christmas wrapping done. Above, I simply gave my son a cup and a page of stickers. He happily put the stickers on the cup for and named each item he put on the cup. Simple, and fun! 

Make things just a little more magical by adding Christmas decor to your sensory bin. I filled my bin for a few dollars with ornaments from the Dollar Tree. We have used this bin for speech therapy practice all month long. He especially loved when it was filled with elves from this FREE elf game found HERE

I have spent my month working with my preschooler at home, incorporating lots of Christmas activities, and preparing for new things to come. I haven't utilized my blog as much in the past, but I have goals moving forward to share some our best and greatest projects here, along with info on new things coming! So, follow along, share, and stay in touch.

You can also follow along for more frequent posts @melissaslittleowlacademy on Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment