Saturday, September 12, 2015

Match the Dice

The first week of preschool is officially over, and I could not feel more happy about how it went. We didn't even have any tears the first few days (even from me!) 

I quickly learned that I want some more educational "play time" for my students. I have a cupboard full of toys that are wonderful for play time, but I also want something a little more educational.

I looked around on the internet a lot this week, and I really am not seeing anything that I love. I wanted to create some simple file folder games that my students can do on their own after minimal instructions, and I also don't want to use a whole tub of colored ink when I print them off. Since I couldn't find much of anything to go into both of those categories, I've decided to create a few of my own.

Here's your first sneak peak. This is a match the dice file folder game. You can download it  here. Feel free to print it off and use it at home!

The idea is simple. Print off the sheet twice. Use one sheet as your game board, use the other sheet to cut out the dice and use as your pieces. The students need to match the dice and lay the piece onto of it's match on the game board. This gives them a great idea of number sense and matching.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment